The Drinking Game
Truth or Drink is a sick spin on the classic party game Truth or Dare. It’s designed to unbury secrets and untold stories that, in all honesty, should really remain just that: secrets. But where would the fun in that be?
Ever wondered what deep and dark secrets your friends, family, or coworkers are hiding from you? Wonder no more, because you’ll soon find out with the most hilarious and honest drinking game in the world! 🤣
Just gather your besties and prepare yourself for the ultimate drinking game! All you need is loads of prying questions and a couple of shot glasses. And who knows, you might learn some stuff about your friends that will make you feel much closer to each other.
So open up those closets and let all the sneaky skeletons out!
Truth or Drink Rules 🤓
Truth or Drink is a very simple game. This is good, because alcohol doesn’t usually do your brain activity any favors.
You can play the game with just two people, but a small group of friends generally makes for a lot more fun. First, one of the players poses an extremely personal or embarrassing question to the rest of the group. Then, all the group members must either answer the question truthfully or take a slug of the alcohol shot.
In another variation of the game, the reader of the question picks one of the other players of the group who has to answer it. This player then gets to choose who answers the next one. To keep things interesting, players cannot respond by merely saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’. They have to spill their whole scandalous and embarrassing stories, or grab a stiff shot instead.
So will you answer the question truthfully, and risk feeling mortified forever, or will you take the relatively safe route and opt for an ice-cold shot? Always remember that keeping secrets could lead to gulping down more than you can handle. And that could bring out all other embarrassing stuff as well!
Equipment for Truth or Drink
- At least two people
- Alcoholic beverages
- Shot glasses
- Truth or Drink Cards or Truth or Drink Online
- A crazy attitude
When do you play Truth or Drink?
Truth or Drink is a great icebreaker in all sorts of situations. You can play it when you’re with a group of people who don’t know each other that well. During the first week of college, for instance. But you can also use it as a great way to get to know your friends or family on a deeper level. We all hide stuff we feel self-conscious about, even from the people who know us best.
Are you nervously setting out on a first date? Even then, Truth or Drink could be a fun, intimate, and exciting way to get to know each other. Truth or Drink is not just a silly game for drunken teenagers; it also brings people together by letting them share their stories.
The great thing is that there are different topics depending on how comfortable you are with each other. Are things still getting too personal for your taste? Then you can simply opt-out by taking a (small) shot. But remember, the more comfortable the atmosphere, the more outgoing everyone will be. Maybe you don’t even need that many shots in that case!
Truth or Drink questions list 😈
Drinks, glasses, and people ready? Then buckle your seat belts, because we’ve come up with dozens of funny, personal, thought-provoking and cold-hard questions.
Some questions are chill and easy-going, perfect for a mixed company of people who don’t know each other that well. Other questions are a bit more raunchy: perfect for couples, but perhaps less fitting for a group of colleagues!
And then we have the Truth or Drink questions that nobody normally dares to ask, nor dares to answer. These questions will put your relationships to the test, but if you all succeed in staying nice, honest, and comfortable… these will make up for an unforgettable bonding experience!
Questions for best friends
- Why do you think we are such good friends?
- Would you go out with an older woman?
- How many boyfriends (or girlfriends) have you had?
- Would you make out with me for one minute?
- Do relationships require 100% honesty? 💯
- What is the funniest thing your grandparents have ever said?
- Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?
- What don’t you like about me?
- What is the biggest sacrifice you've ever made for your best friend?
- What is your favorite swear word?
- When was the last time you flexed in the mirror?
- When was the last time you cried?
- What is the most illegal thing you have ever done?
- Have you ever been attracted to the same sex?
- Do you think people are truly capable of change?
- Do you actually like my pet dog or cat?
- Have you ever been fired from your job?
- Who has the best dance moves?
- Are you still a virgin?
- What’s one physical feature that you dislike about me?
- Do you have a secret or inside joke that nobody else knows about?
Next up: 200 truth questions to ask!
Questions for couples, exes, and close friends (18+)
- What’s the most embarrassing fact I know about you?
- How many sex toys do you own?
- What do you think is the key to a successful relationship?
- Would you rather lose your sex organs forever or gain 100 pounds?
- Have I ever (almost) caught you doing something dirty?
- What was the last thing you masturbated to? 🔥
- Have you ever gotten an STD?
- Do you think opposites attract?
- Do I, or have I ever disappointed you?
- How have I changed since we met?
- What was my first impression of your family?
- Have you ever disliked any of my parents?
- When did you first know you were attracted to me?
- What is your favorite part of my body?
- What’s your biggest turn-on? 💋
- How do you deal with conflict in a relationship?
- If I paid you $100, would you wear your sexiest clothes in public?
- How many sexual partners have you had?
- What’s the dirtiest thing you’ve ever done in bed?
- What is your favorite memory of us together?
- Who’s the most scandalous person you’ve had sex with?
Looking for more daring truths? Check these hot truth questions! (18+)
Variations of Truth or Drink
Truth or Drink can be played in many different ways. For example, you could make up some new rules to make things more exciting and add a little twist to the typical set of rules. We’ve collected some ideas below:
- Every player gets one opportunity to hand over a question, that they don’t want to answer, to another player. This player then has to answer the question and has to drink a double shot if they refuse to do so.
- Every player who refuses to answer their question can avoid having to drink a shot one time. How? By redirecting their shot to a player of their choice.
- Every player can bomb the game one time by interrupting another player, who is in the middle of answering a question, and asking him or her a self-made question that has to be answered. No answer? Then this player is out of the game.
Truth or Drink is all about feeling comfortable and safe. It is not about drinking as much as you can or purposely putting people in corners they don’t want to be. Because there’s alcohol involved, the game is meant for those who are 21 years of age and over. Act responsibly and always take care of each other.
Are you too embarrassed or uncomfortable? Remember, you can always avoid spilling the beans by taking a shot instead. Remember also that a few rounds of skipping questions may get you hammered in ways that may be worse than revealing that one cheek-blushing secret. Alcohol may loosen you up a bit and tempt you into getting more personal than you usually would. As long as the atmosphere is safe, that could be a plus. But try and be sensible about it.
Whether you’re blatantly open or shying away from personal stuff, it is smart to set up some ground rules before you get the party started. Are there questions that are out of the question? Things about sexuality, for example? And what happens when someone doesn’t want to answer a question, but is too drunk to take another shot? Write these rules down. Determining the ‘what if’s’ on paper helps you focus when things start to get a little hazy.
Ready? Grab your friends, pour the shots and prepare yourself for some brutal honesty and mind-blowing fun!