Truth or Dare is not meant for adults only. Kids have loads of fun playing this exciting game as well! It will definitely make some interesting moments. It is one thing to see your friends on the block or at school. And it is quite another seeing each other eat a spoonful of hot sauce, or doing the chicken dance. Just to name a few highly embarrassing dares!
Want to play it with your parents? Try it; you will have so much fun! Kids get the chance to ask their parents about all kinds of nosy questions. And parents get to dive a little deeper into the minds of their teenage monsters. Heaps of fun are guaranteed.
So don’t hesitate and get everyone together to start off a wonderful game night! You will definitely learn unexpected new things from each other. All you need is our app. It is filled to the brim with funny, daunting, and kid-friendly questions and dares. You can’t go wrong, promise!
How is Truth or Dare played?
The basic rules for playing Truth or Dare are easy. Here are the five steps:
Set up the game. The game requires at least three players. There’s no limit in terms of the number of people playing the game. Do you want to play it with a large group of family and friends? Sure, no problem! Do you want to keep the setting more intimate, with a small number of close friends or relatives? That’s fine as well. Just make sure that everyone feels comfortable and agrees on what kind of questions and dares are off-limits.
Decide who gets to start. Pick somebody who likes to start the game. Are you the one who’s going to kick off the game? Or somebody else?
You can also let an empty bottle decide who gets to go first. In that case, the youngest player begins the game by spinning the bottle. The bottleneck will then point to the starting player.
Start Truth or Dare! The starting player gets the question: “Truth or Dare”? This player must choose between answering a question truthfully or performing a dare. The other players decide on a funny question or challenge. Check our list of funny & daring questions and dares below!
The next player. The game continues with the next player after the question or task has been carried out. The group is free to choose the order of the players. Do you take turns in a circle, or can the current player choose the next player, or do you let the spinning bottle decide who’s next?
Looking for inspiration? Then try our awesome free app! You’ll find over 1,000 clean questions and challenges in our easy to use app for iPhone and Android. 👇
Funny truth questions
If it’s your turn and you choose ‘Truth’, then you must answer a question honestly. Be prepared for some embarrassing quizzing, because no one wants to let you get off lightly! Lying however, is not an option. Well you could try and tell a lie, but it would obviously spoil the fun of the game.
We have collected some fun and revealing questions for you below:
- What is your worst habit?
- Who is or was your secret crush? 💕
- Did you ever lie about why you were too late?
- What’s the worst meal your mum or dad ever made?
- Would you rather have a pet or a sibling?
- Have you ever peed in your bed or in a swimming pool?
- Which celebrity would you want to be, and why?
- Have you ever cried during a movie? 😳
- Do you ever cheat on chores, and what are your excuses?
- Have you ever skipped school?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Are you afraid of the dark?
- What’s your scariest nightmare?
- What is the one thing you would change about yourself?
- If you had a genie in a bottle, what three things would you wish for? 🌟
If you really don’t want to answer a question, because it’s too personal and you don’t feel comfortable, you can always ask for a different one. Want more questions? Check our free Truth or Dare app.
Good dares for kids
If it’s your turn and you choose ‘Dare’, then you have to carry out a task or a challenge. Again, don’t do anything you don’t feel comfortable with. Of course, you don’t want to shy away from every dare you’ve been given. But remember you can always ask for a new dare if your first dare makes you feel too awkward. Try and keep the game fun for everyone, no matter what age!
We have collected some clean and funny dares for all the daredevils out there:
- Give one of the players a piggyback ride.
- Do not blink for one minute straight.
- Go outside and yell: ‘I pick my nose’ to the first person you see.
- Put your leg behind your head.
- Sing ‘Let it go’ in your best opera voice! ☃️
- Draw a face on your hand and talk with your hand when it’s your turn.
- Let one of the other players do your make-up in a crazy way.
- Talk with your tongue sticking out for one minute.
- Do jumping jacks until it’s your next turn.
- Spin around ten times and try to walk a straight line.
- Wear underwear on your head for the rest of the game. 👙
- Stuff as many marshmallows in your mouth as possible.
- Talk and act like a robot for the next three rounds.
- Make animal sounds for a minute straight.
- Do the cha-cha until it is your turn again.
Hungry for more daring tasks? Check our list of the best dares for Truth or Dare.
Play the online version ✨
Discover over 1,000 embarrassing questions and fun tasks in our fun app for iPhone and Android. Give it a try!
Variations of the game
There are plenty of different ways to play this game. You can even come up with some new rules yourself. If you want to spice up the traditional game, here are some options:
Scared of a dare?
Imagine someone chickens out of a dare that’s been given. That’s possible, some have limits to how bold they are. You don’t let them get off the hook, however. Instead all the other players could then pick a difficult dare of their own. And the one who chickened out must choose between one of these new dares.
Question with a dare!
A lot of people are afraid to choose a dare, so they continuously go for the relatively safe questions. Not anymore. In this version of the game players cannot choose between a ‘truth’ or a ‘dare’, but it alternates between the two. No backing out of this one!
Truth or Dare questions video
Always feel comfortable
There’s one rule that should apply to every game of Truth or Dare: you should never feel pressured into doing things you don’t want to do. Are you uncomfortable answering a question or performing a task? Just ask for a new one.
And remember it’s always smart to agree on some ground rules before starting the game, such as:
- What kinds of questions are off-limits?
- How far can a dare go?
- Where can players perform the dares?
- Can questions or dares involve people who are not in the game?
- Does every player need to watch the person who’s performing a dare?
We hope you have a great time while playing this game!